= THE best Marmalade EVER!
Quick Strawberry Lemon Marmalade
(Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving)
(Makes about 7 half pint jars)
1/4 cup thinly sliced lemon peel
4 cups crushed hulled strawberries
1 tbsp lemon juice
1.75 oz package of regular powdered fruit pectin
6 cups granulated sugar
1. Prepare canner, jars, and lids.
2. In a large, deep stainless steel saucepan, combine lemon peel and water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and boil for five minutes, until peel is softened. Drain and discard liquid.
3. Add strawberries and lemon juice to peel and mix well. Whisk in pectin until dissolved. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Add sugar all at once and retun to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and skim off foam.
4. Ladle hot marmalade into hot jars. leaving 1/4 inch head space. Wipe rim. Center lids. Screw bands.
5. Place jars in canner and bring to boil. Process for 10 minutes. Cool and store.